Are you ready to hack and slash like there is no tomorrow? Akane is on Xbox and PlayStation.
Available to purchase and download right now on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4 and PS5, as well as on PC where it’s been available for a little while already, is Akane – a seriously swift hack-and-slash affair which thrusts you into the cyberpunked world of Mega Tokyo.
It’s the year 2121 and the bright neon lights of Mega Tokyo are calling. A place built of the largest structures, it’s one in which the biggest corporations have utter control. But there are forgotten lands too, poverty-stricken places in which crime is plentiful. When you’ve got the Yakuza looking on down over these places, all hell can break loose.
It’s here where you come in. Playing as Akane, you find yourself as a lone sole; a wanderer looking for revenge after the death of your parents. And revenge in Akane comes in the form of a good old piece of hacking, accompanied by some slashing, and more. It’s that which will be the main focus of your traversal through the Mega Tokyo world.
Set with a cyberpunk feel, Akane promises much. There’s a chance that this could be your next addiction, as you work your way through a plethora of enemies, taking them down at will. With score chasing at the fore, the killing zone awaits with the following key features…
- Master addictively fluid hack-and-slash combat using your trusty katana and pistol.
- When you die—and you will die—quickly restart to jump right back into the action.
- Enemies will spawn at a gradually increasing speed to keep you on your toes.
- Unleash the Dragon Slash and Dragon Slayer, special attacks that require adrenaline attained from killing enemies to execute.
- Try to make it to the boss to secure Akane’s revenge! He evolves and gets stronger based on how many times he’s been killed, so stay sharp to secure victory.
- Strive to clear achievements such as shooting 50 foes in one playthrough or reaching 30 kills with 100% katana accuracy.
- Improve your score to unlock extras that enhance combat, like new katanas, pistols, cigarettes, boots, and gadgets.
- Get in the killing zone with flashy pixel graphics and a heart-thumping soundtrack.
Akane is a super cheap purchase, sitting at just £3.29 from the Xbox Store for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. Find it on PS4, PS5 and PC too and hold tight for our full review thoughts.
Akane is a top-down 2D Action game, in which you must eliminate as many enemies as possible before losing. It’s a sword fighting game, with lots of blood, violence, and samurai movie clichés. All mixed with the bright colors and futuristic suburban environments of cyberpunk style. Mega Tokyo, 2121. A city with a population density of 100,000 inhabitants per square kilometer, made of colossal buildings conglomerates and megastructures interconnected by streets. Big corporations have enormous power over the city. In the forgotten and abandoned areas, poverty is plentiful. A chaotic jumble of houses and shops. Murders, robberies, and trafficking happen often. Merchants are extorted by the Yakuza to pay high fees in exchange for protection. Akane is a ronin, who parents were murdered by the mob when she was four years old. She became a lone wanderer, carrying only her katana and a thirst for revenge against every Yakuza member. Years after murdering the 7 mob family leaders of the Rural Areas, Akane started to roam the bowels of Mega Tokyo and fight the city’s criminals. She was cornered by a horde of henchmen in the suburbs of Mega Tokyo. Tonight, she will die! But how many enemies will she take with her before the inevitable fate?
This news is republished from another source. You can check the original article here